Aloha Families — This is our Weekly Update – School Opening Information: This is another long email. Please read carefully.
Your child’s teacher should have contacted you by now. Students are to arrive at school by appointment only for orientation and assessments during July 30-August 11th. Please contact school administrators if you have not heard from your child’s teachers.
- School Supply Lists – This is just a general list. Your child’s teacher will provide more instructions. Here is the link–> https://tinyurl.com/KUUSchSupplyList-20-21
- Next Parent Meeting is on Monday, August 3rd, 3-4pm. Topics of discussion is Q&A – Parents can ask clarifying questions about school opening. We also have a guest presenter, MCAPP, Molokai Child Abuse Prevention Pathways (MCAPP) to share information about Cyber Safety. How to keep your children safe while on the internet.
As children and families turn to the internet for school, work, health, and play, make sure to practice basic cyber-safety for keiki. This intro Zoom session is a pilot project by Molokai Child Abuse Prevention Pathways (MCAPP) and your feedback will help the community. MCAPP’s mission is to keep children safe and promote ‘ohana wellbeing by preventing sexual abuse.
Meeting ID: 474 603 5835
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,4746035835#,,,,,,0#,,218504# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,4746035835#,,,,,,0#,,218504# US (Houston)
- Students Enrolled in Virtual Instruction (Mandatory Parent Meeting): A mandatory meeting for parents whose children are enrolled in our English and Hawaiian Immersion virtual program. A separate link will be emailed to you. Principal Trinidad will review expectations of parents and students during this session. Teachers will also be available to answer any questions. We also encourage you to attend the Cyber Safety presentation on Monday, August 6th during our Parent meeting.
- Mandatory Meeting for full Virtual English Program—Tuesday, August 4th, 4-5pm
- Mandatory Meeting for full Virtual Hawaiian Immersion Program – Wednesday, August 5th, 4-5pm
- School Meal Service: Our School Meal Service has started for our registered students! Starting Monday, August 3 until August 11th, Grab N Go pick-up time are now 10:30 to 12:30pm. The longer pick up time is to accommodate the various student appointments to school during the day. Another change is meals will include lunch, and breakfast for the next day. This is so there is only pick up time per day for two meals! August 3rd lunch is Fish Sandwich, cheese stick, fruit, salad, and milk. Breakfast is cereal, fruit, roll, and milk—to take home for the next day.
- SAVE the DATE: Whole School Parent Orientation and Open House, Thursday, August 6th, 5-6pm. Zoom link and agenda will be sent in separate email. We look forward to seeing all of you!
Wow! That was a lot…You made it through the whole email. Thanks for reading. Email school administrators [email protected] (Principal) and/or [email protected] (Vice-Principal) if you have questions or call the school at 567-6900.
Kualapuu Public Charter Elementary School