Through a partnership with the National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii, there will be FREE COVID-19 testing for all DOE schools’ staff and students starting the week of September 20. The team will visit each school at least once a week and be available to any and all students and staff regardless of vaccination status.
The schedule is as follows:
– Monday (MHS) 8-11am
In order to participate in the testing, each individual must register at alohaclear.com and click on “register for DOE testing program”. The registration process requires that everyone have consent before being tested.
When registering, you will be prompted to choose a location only – not a date. If you have multiple schools that your children attend, you will need to register multiple times. For the step-by-step process, go here.
Some basic information about the testing process:
– using an anti-gen test, swab inserted about 3/4 of an inch
– self-administered, assistance will be provided for students if needed
– results take 10-15 minutes
– if there’s a positive, a confirmatory test will be done (results in 20-25 minutes)
– if confirmatory test is positive, school protocols will go into effect immediately. Please email your principal if you have any questions on what that system is
– the results from this testing will fulfill the weekly requirement for staff and student athletes
If you’d like more information on the testing process, you can check out the overview here. For any other questions specific to testing, please contact Kokua Logistics via email [email protected].
Kualapuu Public Charter Elementary School